EB-5 Business Process
The process consists in the following series of steps with the assistance of American Vision Regional Center:
- Foreign Investors who wish to participate must sign and return a non-binding Indication of Interest.
- Upon signing the indication of interest the investor will be required to complete an Investor Suitability Questionnaire.
- Once the investor has been deemed an accredited investor by American Vision Regional Center, the investor will receive the Confidential Private Placement Memorandum.
- Following receipt and review of the Confidential Private Placement Memorandum, investor will sign and return an Escrow Agreement (Download File) and all related documentation (Form I-526), and make a qualifying investment.
- The qualifying investment will be deposited into an escrow account until such time as American Vision Regional Center receives a receipt for the foreign investor™s I-526 by the United States Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS) for the EB-5 program. At that time the qualifying investment amount will be applied to the subscription price of the investor™s partnership interest.
- The non-refundable administrative fee will cover management and processing costs.
- Upon approval the investor and his qualifying family are provided green cards. These are valid for a two-year period and gran the investor and his family the right to live and work in the U.S. for as long as the green cards are valid.
- After 2 years the foreign investor is free to file to remove the conditional status and receive a permanent green card. This I-829 application must be filed within 90 days prior to the 2nd anniversary of the investor™s first green card. USCIS will verify that American Vision Regional Center has substantially completed the project and fulfilled the job creation requirements for the condition to be removed. Additional administrative and legal fees may apply.
- Three years after issuance of the investor™s permanent green card, the foreign investor and his/her qualifying family become eligible to apply for US Citizenship.